This farm is 68 hectares in size and consists mainly of vineyards and a small woodland block. It borders on some really famous farms like Kanon kop, Uitkyk, Muratie and Delheim with Rustenburg Winery being on the ridge which goes over to the other side.
The high, exposed aspect of the farm ensures that the vineyards benefit from cool sea breezes from the Atlantic Ocean. Soil is very good enabling deep root penetration thereby protecting the vineyards against possible adverse climatic conditions such as heat waves in summer.
The soils are almost exclusively derived from granite and are yellow to reddish-brown and naturally acidic. They are favourably structured with good water and nutrient retention properties.
Due to the favourable conditions for the production of high quality grapes, the red wines are characterised by abundant dark fruit aromas with notable tints of cassis and cedar. These wines are well structured and mature exceptionally well. At the same time the white wines are characterised by intense fruity/flinty flavours with excellent mouth feel.
In addition to this is a further 30 hectares the seller is prepared to sell if you so wish increasing the size of the farm from 68ha to 98ha in size.
So, what else can the farm offer you?
1. There is a portion of the farm which is actually forested with large oak and yellowwood trees which creates the most amazing atmosphere. This presents the opportunity to consider rental cottages/cabins to be built in a unique setting. Here you can have cabins hidden away in a forest with a natural stream flowing out of the mountain through the forest which will pass the cabins.
2. For your main house, there is also a tract of land which is ready to be planted with vineyards which can be used and is recommended to be used as the right sight to build a house, by the seller. He puts it down to the fact that the wind, South-Easter, will go over you because you are building slightly lower. You will still get your VIEWS but without the wind. You will also find it slightly cooler during the hot summer months which are also very pleasant.
3. Access to the farm will be on a servitude road through a security gate and then through another farm that itself has good security. Access to the farm other than through these access points is near impossible so security is really good with no-one walking through the farm at anytime.
4. You will also have the most fantastic drive up to the farms entrance passing some really old farmsteads with a lot of history and good names.
5. There is plenty of water which comes from a with registered water which is more than capable of irrigating all the vineyards even during the severe drought we have just experienced.
6. There is a winery on the sellers farm he is keeping which is where you drive past and he would really like to speak to you should you wish to make your own wines for personal or business use.