Stellar Organics, in the Vredendal area, seeks a young, motivated and skilled Assistant Winemaker. The canidate will be responsible for:
- Assigning work orders, providing feedback and capturing worksheets on our WineMS system.
- Oversee cellar process management of grapes, juices and wines including additions, rackings, transfers, clarification, blends, shipping and final preparation for bottling.
- Conduct fining trials and do wine tasting to identify general wine faults.
- Will be responsible to assist in all audits like HACCP, Fair Trade, Ecocert etc.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Winemaker.
Previous experience in wine making will count in your favour. An understanding of and the ability to run machinery such as X-flow, Centrifuge, Decanter and Bottling Line will be advantageous. A validdriver’s license. Ability to work on Outlook, Word, Excel as well as WineMS.
Only candidates with a degree in Viticulture and Oenology or equivalent will be considered for this job application. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org