Our client in the Stellenbosch area is looking to appoint an exports, logistics and stock control manager.
This position will require meticulous attention to detail. The candidate should also have strong organisational and planning skills. We anticipate that the position will develop into account and relationship management and any experience in international sales will be an advantage. This role has the potential for growth and will require an energetic, dynamic and versatile individual with excellent people skills and the flexibility to potentially travel internationally if required.
The initial focus of this role will be to manage all the logistical and export requirements for export orders to ensure customer satisfaction. The role will also include stock management and implementing stock control processes to ensure that all wine stock is visible to all sales staff and updated accurately and frequently.
- − Confident, balanced and mature person
- − Resilient, adaptable and a team player
- − Meticulous – attention to detail a must
- − Good time management skills
- − Builds relationships/Relationship management
- − Good multitasking skills
- − Excel to an intermediate level
- − Good communication skills
- − Good numeracy skills
- − Assertive
- − Freight forwarding experience
- − Understands the importance of managing and limiting costs and expenses
- − Proven experience as logistics coordinator or similar position (minimum 2-3 years)
- − Take control of the full logistics around exports including sea, air and land transport
- − Knowledge of export operating systems, incoterms and understanding how to optimize & tactically plan outcome
- − Coordinate and manage all documentation pertaining to export orders placed, including shipping, customs clearance and certifications.
- − Timeously execute the shipments relating to export orders to the customer’s chosen destination or port
- − Liaise with importers/clients to confirm receipt of goods in good order and keep all parties informed
- − Ensure the agreed level of quality control over stock being shipped.
- − Performing monthly reconciliation of all bottled stock (Labelled and unlabelled) on premises, in storage and on consignment (various warehouses)
- − Recording all stock movements in WineMS.
- − Experience in WineMS advantageous
- − Monitoring and tracking of all movement of wine for SAWIS 6 purposes.
- − Monthly SAWIS 5 and 7 reconciliation reports (training to be supplied where required)
- − Submission of monthly excise return.
- − Coordinate and assist with annual SAWIS/Excise audits.
Above serves only as an outline and responsibilities won’t be limited to thes