Our client, a wine producer situated in the Aprilskloof Valley of the Swartland is seeking a suitable individual as their Farm Manager/Viticulturist. This position reports to the General Manager.
The purpose of the position is to manage the production of fruit by using best farming practices.Grow wine grapes of exceptional quality on the farm and provide a seamless interface between vineyard and winery to produce wines of highest calibre and distinction. The incumbent will further coordinate and monitor vineyard and olive tree activities and help to ensure timely and accurate cultural practices.
- B.Sc Agric (Viticulture & Oenology) or B. Agric
- At least 10 year’s relevant experience
- Ability to strategize
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills
- Creative with a strong work ethic
- Detail focused
- Farm, vineyard and olive management
- Cellar logisitcs
- Staff Management
- Team work
- Looking after and ensuring healthy live stock on farm
- Other general tasks as required
Please ENSURE that your application includes the following:
- a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (MS Word format), inclusive of contact and email information
- a covering letter motivating the application
- an indication of current and expected remuneration
- contactable referees
If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.