We are looking for someone for a full-time job to run our guest cottages and wine business front of house on our Wine Farm in Franschhoek. This person must have worked in hospitality before and is preferably bilingual (English and Afrikaans), but English is the preferred language.
1. The applicant is expected to deliver an effective and efficient office management, secretarial and administrative support service to the General Manager/Owner, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Screening all initial inquiries including letters, telephone calls, meeting requests, emails etc:
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Ensure timeous and appropriate response, feedback, scheduling and co-ordination.
- Office management, general administration, handling enquiries, dealing with clients on behalf of the company.
- Secretarial support to the GM.
- Secretariat duties for management meetings and arrangement of meeting logistics.
- Logistical arrangements and co-ordination of events and marketing activities.
- Project managing certain events throughout the year such as wine festivals.
- Day to day management of the company when the GM is on the road, ensuring everything continues to run smoothly.
- Making low level management decision when the GM is unavailable and remaining in contact with GM on high level management decisions that need to be made.
- Running errands when required.
2. Manage all Guest Cottage operations, which includes but is not limited to:
- Responsible for all communication with accommodation guests.
- Manage and keep booking systems up to date and synchronized on all booking platforms.
- Create invoices from the booking platform, draw down payments and take payments through credit card machine.
3. Setup and Perform basic level wine tastings (will be trained for this role)
- Grade 12
- Any Tertiary education will be to your advantage.
- Computer Literate and experienced in emails, excel and word.
- Own vehicle and drivers license
- Experience in hospitality, ideally in the office under a senior manager which includes office administration/management and secretarial work will be to your advantage.
- Primary Location: Franschhoek valley
REQUIRED SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Effective secretarial and administration skills.
- Strong English language communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Computer Literate; specifically Emails and MS Office: Word, Excel).
- Professional office etiquette and protocol.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to liaise with a variety of clients both nationally and internationally.
- Organisational skills and an organised and methodical work approach.
- A sense of integrity, discretion and confidentiality.
- Strong work ethic and desire to go above and beyond what is required.
- Common sense, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Time management skills.
- Pro-active approach to solving problems and meeting deadlines.
- Flexibility and being able to work overtime when a job requires it.
- Flexible to work on a roster on certain weekends
- Experience in the Nightsbridge Booking Program will be to your advantage.