- Completed tertiary qualification in Culinary Arts
- Previous experience in a 5-star hotel kitchen or similar environment
- Must be hard working, dedicated and a team player.
- Must be enthusiastic and prepared to work shifts.
- Own transport preferable
- To deputise in the Head Chef’s and Executive Chefs absence.
- To ensure that all chefs are familiar with the day’s requirements.
- To ensure that the necessary stocks are on hand at the right quality and quantity.
- To ensure that fair discipline is maintained.
- To ensure that time sheets gets filled in daily
- To ensure that all statutory, as well as company, hygiene regulations are being strictly adhered to.
- To ensure that all maintenance problems are timeously reported and followed up.
- To ensure that all communications between restaurant and kitchen run smoothly.
- To ensure that each cook receives the correct orders for the appropriate tables.
- To ensure that each dish leaving the kitchen is checked for quality, quantity, presentation and correct temperature.
- To ensure that the dining room/ restaurant personnel are “standing by” when delicate dishes are served.
- To ensure that regular on-the-job training is carried out so that subordinate staff perform their duties correctly.
- To run the pass and kitchen
- To ensure that the kitchen is left correctly and in correspondence with the standard closing procedures
- To ensure all temperature sheets, prep lists and FCS documentation gets filled in daily
There are no ads matching your search criteria.