We are looking for a General Manager to lead all aspects of our hospitality business, based on a wine farm in Stellenbosch, which includes the restaurant, wine tasting and accommodation.
Restaurant manager responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue and financial reporting, profitability and quality goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
Accommodation and responsibilities includes managing 4 self-catering cottages on the estate, checking guests in, doing quotes, accepting bookings and taking payments. You will also be required to manage the housekeeper on duty, and ensure that the cottages are in pristine condition prior to check ins.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need management skills and experience in both front and back of the house. We want you to know how to oversee the dining room, check-in with customers and balance seating capacity. Back of the house management experience is also essential, as you’ll be overseeing kitchen and wait staff, set work schedules, oversee food prep and make sure we comply with health and safety restaurant regulations.
We’ll expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will ensure our restaurant and accommodation runs smoothly and that guests have pleasant and memorable experiences.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position, min 5 years overall management experience
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge, with the ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait staff
- Familiarity with restaurant software, such as GAAP, micros, tablet POS, falcon
- Own reliable transport
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Contactable references
- Impeccable guest rapport
- Hands-on, self-motivated, be a team player
- Proficient on POS systems, MS office, outlook
- Extremely reliable, honest and trustworthy
- A genuine passion for food, wine, and the hospitality industry
- Vast wine knowledge and preferably a wine qualification (CWA or WSET)
- A qualification in hospitality management or culinary schooling is a plus, but not compulsory.