A well-established company with multiple farms in the Wellington District seeks a full time permanent Table Grape Senior Farm Manager with a relevant tertiary qualification and minimum 5 years’ experience with the production of large scale export standard table grapes and a thorough knowledge of Table Grape Packhouses.
Minimum requirements for the post are as follows:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in the related field is essential
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Senior Farm Manager is essential in both the production and packhouse environment
- Must be able to manage the Assistant Production Managers / Section Managers
- A good understanding of plant production, especially table grapes, is preferred
- A technical and mechanical aptitude is essential. Code 14 licence is preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to manage staff and build good human relations is essential
- Excellent decision-making skills and problem-solving skills are essential
- Experience in compliancy audits will count in your favour
- Co-ordination between farming operations and sales operations, including preparations of pack plans and production forecasts is essential.
- Experience in Olives, Wine Grapes and / or Vegetables will count in your favour
Duties relating to the post include (but are not limited) to the following:
- Overseeing all general duties related to farm and staff management in accordance with the approved budget
- Implementing and monitoring good table grape practices, monitoring farming operations within the operational budget whilst providing feedback
- Arranging the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment
- Ensuring that all regulations concerning farm activities are adhered to
- Overseeing new orchard developments and nurturing of young orchards
- Ensuring that the Insecticide, Fertilizer and Herbicide programmes are successfully executed in line with budget requirements; in accordance with IPPM programmes
- Quality control management on both Production Units and Packhouses
- Irrigation monitoring and scheduling
- Administrative tasks related to general farming practices
- Determination of crop estimates, co-ordinating and translating same into a packing plan in alignment with the export programmes.
- Overall stock management with regards to farming operations and packhouse operations
- Co-ordination with contractors and seasonal staff to ensure appropriate workforce levels in alignment with industry norms per activity where applicable
Salary package, including benefits, are negotiable depending on experience gained. Only candidates with the relevant minimum requirements as listed above will be considered.