Wellington Wines, located in the picturesque Boland area, produces high quality premium wines. The following career opportunity currently exists for a person to become part of the dynamic production team.
SENIOR WINEMAKER: RED WINE
The successful candidate will report to the Production Manager and will be responsible for the following:
• Production of quality wines
• Planning and management of production processes
• Quality control
• Stock control
• Purchasing of chemicals and other relevant production stock
• Maintenance and house-keeping
• External liaison and wine tastings
• Personnel management
• Wine administration.
• BSc degree in Viticulture and Oenology or similar qualification
• At least 5 years’ experience as a winemaker of red wine
• Knowledge and skills in production management and quality control
• Proven experience in a bulk / corporate cellar
• Technical knowledge of winemaking machinery
• Familiar with various quality control systems (IPW, BRC, HACCP, WIETA)
• Computer skills (EZYWine)
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (Afrikaans and English)
• A passion for wine
• Ability to perform well in both team context and individually.