A 70 ha wine farm with prime location in Stellenbosch, is now for sale . It is located some 200 – 380 meters above sea level on the gently sloping foothills of the Simonsberg Mountain, and is part of the world-renowned Stellenbosch wine region.
With its characteristic russet-red oak leaf soils and favourable aspects (warm north-facing slopes for traditional red cultivars and sea breeze-cooled western slopes for slower-maturing whites), the farm is ideally situated for growing fine wines.
The following vineyards are in production VINEYARDS:
• Cabernet Sauvignon 7.17ha 45 500 litres
• Shiraz 4.55ha 55 000 litres
Pinotage 8.47ha 45 000 litres
• Sauvignon blanc 8.39ha 95 000 litres
• Vacant land ready to be planted 6.58 ha 43 000 litres
• Total 35.16ha 283 500 litres A further 5 to 8 ha can be cleared and used for vineyards.
• A registered share in a dam on the farm with a capacity of 30,000 cubic meter and 264,000 cubic meter water rights from the river. This dam provides sufficient water all year round for all the needs of the farm
• Electricity from the national electricity supplier, Escom, for irrigation and accommodation, is available and connection can be made to the existing power supply line.
• The farm does not have any buildings on it. The area however lends itself to the erection of accommodation with some of the best views of the adjacent farms, vineyards, Stellenbosch Mountains, Table Mountain and False Bay.