Our client, a well-established and award-winning winery in the Swartland, requires an ambitious and forward-thinking individual with a proven track record in export sales and a thorough understanding of the drinks market.
The successful candidate must already have contacts and have a solid background of developing existing accounts and identifying new business opportunities within the International Market. This position is based in Darling and reports to the Senior Management team.
- Analyse and monitor the current global markets and prepare a business plan to identify and develop new business opportunities to maximize sales and profitability for the company
- Developing listings within suitable accounts directly or indirectly and drive sales activity by evaluating the potential
- Make regular appointments with existing accounts to maximize business opportunities and create relations with their own sales teams and major customers
- Implement sales and distribution plans to meet customer requirements
Carry out market research and competitor activity reports for the GMT
To systematically manage our portfolio to clients and prospect accounts by generating targeted listings
- Identifying new business opportunities through your network of contacts and the attending of appropriate trade shows
- The production, submission and managing of all tender proposals in conjunction with the business development team
- Recruit and develop International agents, distributors and importers to expand sales internationally
- Effectively manage and control sales and marketing budgets to achieve targeted sales within the 12-month sales calendar
- Develop product plans for each client you are responsible for and present these to the wine maker to ensure they can be implemented.
- Develop product specific training programs for customers sales teams, for them to maximize our products within their listings
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Sales Management and / or Marketing
- ManagementAt least 6 year’s proven practical experience in a similar position
- Familiar with a national and international network of senior wine buyers
- International travel, attending of wine shows and functions
- Business oriented and performance driven
- Financial acumen to finalize the negotiation of prices and/or agreements
- Strong management and leadership skills
Please ENSURE that your application includes the following:
- a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (MS Word format), inclusive of
- contact and email information
- a covering letter motivating the application
- an indication of current and expected remuneration
- contactable referees
If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.