Located in Agter-Paarl in the heart of the Boland, Perdeberg is situated in one of the finest wine-growing regions of the Cape. Perdeberg produces a wide range of premium quality wines and has a well-established local and international client base. Perdeberg is renowned for its innovation, dedication to excellence and multi-award winning wine portfolio.
Perdeberg is seeking to appoint the services of a Viticulturist with extensive experience in the wine industry. The ideal candidate will be client focused, with excellent interpersonal skills and specialist knowledge of viticulture practices.
To optimise the cultivation of/ and product from grapevines, by providing technical support and guidance to Perdeberg grape suppliers, in order to ensure a sustainable supply of top quality grapes for wine production.
Key areas of responsibility
- Sourcing suitable grape suppliers in line with the company’s production capacity and growth requirements.
- Technical support and guidance to grape suppliers on best cultivation and sustainability practices.
- Quality control throughout the process from planting to harvesting.
- Evaluation and grading of vineyard blocks to brand and cultivar requirements and quality levels.
- Monitor quality and ripeness of grapes for harvest readiness, and schedule and coordinate harvest intake.
- Coordinate and compile harvest projections
- Determine, implement and monitor sustainable vineyard yield plan.
- Manage and monitor the Group’s sustainability code compliance
- Maintain technical data records and administer related systems.
- Maintain healthy relationships with producers through regular communication and excellent support levels.
- Recognised 3-year Viticulture & Oenology related qualification
- 5-years of experience as Viticulturist supporting multiple producers
- Must be able to work flexible working hours in line with wine production requirements.
- Computer literacy and Excel proficiency
- Broad specialist knowledge of Viticulture principles and practices
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional confidence and independence
- Team collaboration
- Quality and detail orientation
- Networking and relating
- Strategic and innovative thinking
- Competitive remuneration package, including profit based performance incentives.
- Suitable company vehicle
- Modern facilities in a beautiful country location
- Creative and collaborative working environment
- Opportunities for career development
Send CV and copy of ID to email@example.com by 20 June 2018. Should no feedback be received within two weeks after the closing date, please accept that the application was unsuccessful.