A leading and well-established Wine Estate in the picturesque Stellenbosch is looking for an experienced Viticulturist to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
They are offering an excellent compensation package per month negotiable (subject to qualifications and or experience) plus many internal career advancement opportunities.
The successful candidate will accept responsibility for the Wine Farms management and cultivation of their wine grapes. You will report directly to management and will be responsible for the operational management of the Vineyard.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cultivation of the wine grapes
- Operational management of Vineyard
- Planning and implementation of Viticulture practices
- Record keeping and evaluations
- Quality monitoring and management of vineyard blocks
- Human Resource Management
Qualifications & Experiences:
- Grade 12
- Relevant qualification in Viticulture or similar qualification
- 6 years’ experience in a similar position of wine grape cultivation
- Knowledge of newest trends in viticulture practices
- Computer Literate
Skills & Requirements:
- Computer literate
- Great people skills and ability to work in a team
- Written and verbal communication skills – English and Afrikaans
- Valid driver’s license
- Confident & assertive
- Able to work well under pressure
- Great time management