A growing beverage distribution company, with international offices, seeks an experienced Export Manager to direct their logistics and warehousing as well as manage all export operations. The successful applicant will be solution driven, organized, have high attention to detail and excellent managerial and inter-personal skills.
- Oversee all aspects of the inventory management process for a JIT business, minimizing cost impacts, risk and designing and applying efficient systems to achieve this.
- Source international transportation and shipment solutions based on client needs, price, deadline and cost
- Ensure efficient consolidation of shipments from delivery to invoicing
- Constant innovation to improve the export process including quarterly review of logistics partners and competitiveness.
- Oversee the operational processes of two international warehouses
- Manage customer service activities including order entry, customer satisfaction and interface with sales
- Meet regulatory export criteria/legislation
- Create, manage and achieve company logistics goals and budgets including monthly analysis and presentation ofLogistics P&L
- Maintain warehousing and distribution operations by creating, communicating, coordinating and enforcing operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by overseeing compliance and safety
- Management of a team of warehouse staff and administrators
- Participate in personnel development at all levels through performance management
Required Competencies and Skills
At least three years’ demonstrable experience in Export Control
Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Proven ability to think independently and handle multiple projects through to completion
Ability to lead and manage staff
Ability to show initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy and analytical skills
Able to perform financial calculations and create and manage budgets
Experience on Palladium Accounting software advantageous
Advanced Excel skills preferable
Good understanding of the implications of dealing with multiple currencies
Knowledge of wine and other beverages advantageous.