Well established and renowned wine farm in Stellenbosch seeks a motivated and competent Tasting Room Assistant / Wine Advisor. Very good salary on offer subject to qualification and or experience. Relevant Degree/Diploma required. The ideal candidate has to have at least minimum 2 years relevant experience in a similar position and has to have knowledge of wine. Cash-up and Administration skills will be a requirement. Speaks Afrikaans and English fluently and a third language will be advantageous.
- Tasting Room Coordinator is responsible the day to day operations in the tasting room, this includes building brand awareness at tasting room, wine shows or functions,
- Always exceed guest expectations through service excellence
- Achievement of revenue and wine growth and service goals.
- Identify new clients and client interests
- Ability to put clients at ease and interact with clients,
- ble to identify new growth opportunities to increase brand and product awareness.
- Responsible for point of sale at tasting room and retails stores.
- Presenting and selling total range of wines.
- Handling Tasting Room administration according to the EZY program.
- Greet visitors and pour wines for tasting, Create décor & display image of the facility,
- Prepare client feedback reports
- Make recommendations to increase sales and services
- Manage POS system and Office application systems
- Complete all end of day and end of month reports.
- Support and monitor the tasting room areas to ensure that yearly budget projections are achieved.
- Monitor wine retail to ensure sales goals are achieved.
- Monitor and assist with wine/non-wine inventories and general maintenance of the tasting room.
- Knowledge of brands being poured and company history.
- Generate miscellaneous reports as needed,
- Coordinate special assignments and projects as required, assist with hospitality at special events as required.
- Assist in the tasting room with wine tastings and local sales to customers
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position and possess a good knowledge of wine.
- Completion of a post-graduate qualification and a relevant wine course will serve as a recommendation.
- Since liaison with the public is an important function of the post, verbal and written communication skills in Afrikaans and English as well as good human relations are a requirement of the post. A third language will serve as a recommendation.
- Knowledge of the wine industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, Strong analytical, and computer skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to follow through on projects with minimal supervision
- Enthusiasm for wine in general and its products in particular
- Relaxed, friendly and professional demeanour
- Able to interact effectively with staff and other departments within the winery as well as agencies/vendors/customers.
Applying for this position:
Only candidates with previous experience as Tasting Room Assistant will be considered.
Please submit your CV via email with position title as reference to: email@example.com