Position available for a manager/supervisor at a cool, quirky and relaxed Wine and Gin Bar, in central Stellenbosch. We prefer our servers to have previous customer, café, restaurant or bar service experience, but long as you are willing to work hard and have a passion for good customer service & quality wine and food, you will fit in well in this team.
* Waiter/waitress, please provide references.
* Manager/supervisor in the hospitality industry.
* Familiar with POS system.
* Excellent social and communication skills.
* Willing to work over weekends and public holidays
* Friendly and spirited characteristics.
* Opening & Closing of the restaurant, should it be required
* Report for duty punctually for every shift, in a clean uniform, as agreed with the Employer or its delegate
* Prepare the bar for service following the established checklists and as directed by the Employer or its delegate and inform last mentioned if anything needs attention
* To communicate with the Employer and/or its delegate regarding any problems or issues with equipment, stock or with customers
* Accurately record sales of products
* Serve food and drink, consistently achieving the established agreed standards of service
* Ensure that a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness is maintained by following cleaning schedules and ongoing diligence during the shift and in set up and clean down
*Daily cash ups
* General and specific POS System Operation, as prescribed by the Employer or its delegate
* Daily stock taking, purchases of miscellaneous products and restocking of products
* Timely weekly orders to be sent to The Tasting Shed
* Training of new staff, should it be required
* Monthly Reconciliations
* Attend all training sessions as scheduled
You will receive training on each of our sections to show you the ropes and fully support you in your new role within our team.
We always encourage our team to learn & become more hands-on in their roles & there are often areas of development such as cashing up the till, opening & closing the café & other responsibilities that can be added to the role.