Located in Agter-Paarl in the heart of the Boland of the Western Cape, Perdeberg is situated in one of the finest wine-growing regions of the Cape. Perdeberg is renowned for its innovation, dedication to excellence and multi-award winning wine portfolio.
Perdeberg is seeking to appoint a commercially minded marketer with the ability to identify market opportunities and turn them into results.
To develop Perdeberg’s wine and corporate image in line with Perdeberg’s growth strategy and brand ambitions. To grow the local customer base and increase sales revenue by promoting awareness and support through appropriate brand and direct marketing strategies.
- To be up to date with developments in the wine industry and consumer market.
- To analyse trends and identify opportunities for brand and sales development.
- The compile, implement, monitor and control the marketing budget.
- To determine brand and direct marketing strategies via appropriate marketing channels.
- To develop, implement and manage marketing activities related to product labeling and packaging, advertising, on- and off-trade activation campaigns, promotional events, direct and digital customer communication.
- To contract and manage public relations, advertising, website and other creative agencies to support marketing activities where required.
- To present wine demonstrations and training seminars.
- To meet with new and existing customers in order to discuss and understand their requirements.
- To attend to customer queries and build collaborative customer relationships.
- Monitor, evaluate and improve brand perception, sales performance and customer satisfaction by way of data collection and analysis.
- To provide support to the production and distribution functions in terms of client specific information and liaison.
- To contribute as part of the senior management team including management reporting on marketing developments and sales performance.
- A recognised 3-year Marketing qualification with commercial subjects
- 5-years’ experience in successfully marketing wines in the local and international market.
- Proven track record in growing wine brands and increasing sales revene
- Must be able to regularly travel nationally and work flexible working hours in order to attend promotional events and visit customers.
- Advanced knowledge of marketing management principles and practices, specifically in the wine industry
- Basic knowledge of wine production & distribution principles and practices
- Customer focus
- Result orientation
- Creativity and innovation
- Professional confidence
- Quality and detail orientation
- Data analysis and problem solving
- Advanced written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Competitive remuneration package, including profit based performance incentives.
- Modern facilities in a beautiful country location
- Creative and collaborative working environment
- Opportunities for career development
- Send CV and copy of ID & qualification to email@example.com by 16 March 2019.