Our client is one of the first wine growing families in South Africa, now with a pedigree of five generations making wine in Capetown.
They produce exceptional world class, award-winning wines.
With vineyards and a cellar door also in Stellenbosch, they are wishing to appoint a talented Winemaker to their team.
In your role as winemaker you will be responsible for the planning of day to day production of wine ensuring that wines are matured and dispatched within specification, staff are efficiently utilized, and the winery is maintained efficiently.
Reporting to the Senior Winemaker you will take an active role in the promotion of the company and its products.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Minimum 5 year’s winemaking experience post qualification.
- A thorough knowledge of winery, processes, procedures and operations
- Experience in the production of premium South African wine and development of premium wine brands
- Knowledge and understanding of the Domestic and International markets for wine
- Willingness to travel interstate and overseas to promote the Company’s wines and brands
- Willingness to travel to Stellenbosch and other regions as required to perform duties including the sourcing, harvest and delivery of grapes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to engage with industry colleagues, wine writers, media and customers
- Highly motivated, dedicated and committed to long term career with the winery.
- Innovative and embraces change