Seven Springs is a boutique, premium producer in the Overberg region, with 9 planted hectares of four varietals.
We are looking for an experienced, confident and passionate leader to make a range of high quality wines from our Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Syrah grapes and may also be asked to support winemaking for other producers in our new facility. There will also be a requirement to take a lead role in sales and marketing.
The Winemaker will report to the UK based owners and will work very closely with a small team.
Closing date for applications 31st August 2018 / Start date mid-November 2018
- A thorough knowledge of all winery processes, procedures and operations with a minimum of 5 year’s winemaking experience
- BScAgric or similar tertiary qualification
- Experience in the production of premium South African wine and development of premium wine brands
- Ability to plan with the Vineyard Manager to ensure the production of quality grapes
- Experience in winery management computer software, preferably Vinsight
- Experience in stock control and export procedures
- Mechanical inclination, physically capable of machine operation and heavy lifting
- Tasting room experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the national and international markets for wine
- Commitment to increasing national and international sales
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally to promote Seven Springs wines
- Ability to work under pressure, remain focused and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer literacy, with excellent, Excel skills
- Clean, valid driver’s license and up to date forklift licence
For more information and application details please contact Riana van der Merwe: